Love and Marriage
1. Use my passport to travel out of the country with Jared.
2. Have at least one date with Jared a month. (0/33)
3. Take a weekend vacation with Jared at least every 6 months.
4. Watch the sun rise and set with Jared on the beach.
5. Print wedding photos and complete an album.
6. Go on a picnic with Jared and use the picnic basket we got as a wedding gift.
7. Take goofy photobooth pictures with Jared.
Friends and Family
8. Call at least one friend a month to catch up. (0/33)
9. Send out Christmas cards in 2009.
10. Get together with family at least once a month for dinner. (0/33)
11. Take a family picture once a month. (0/33)
12. Go one week without logging into Facebook. (0/7 days)
13. Make Emma organic dog treats.
14. Participate in at least one fly-ball tournament with Emma.
15. Talk to my parents at least once a month on the phone. (0/33)
16. Call my brother at least once a month. (0/33)
17. Send birthday cards to at least 12 friends before their birthday. (0/12)
Body and Mind
18. Lose at least 20 pounds.
19. Take a yoga class.
20. Take a dance class.
21. Learn more about North Carolina geography and history.
22. Run in a 5K race.
23. Read a Jane Austen book.
24. Attend a theater performance.
25. Get a professional massage.
26. Start and finish the 100 push-up challenge (http://www.hundredpushups.com/)
27. Learn to play the mandolin.
28. Take a Spanish class.
29. Become CPR and First Aid certified again.
30. Join or start a book club.
31. Read all of the books on my bookshelf that I haven’t read.
32. Learn some basic American Sign Language.
33. Play at least one board game or do a puzzle a month. (0/33)
34. Research at least 3 PhD programs.
35. Learn to drive a stick shift.
36. Complete the Couch to 5K Running Plan. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
37. Get back in the habit of going to the dentist every 6 months.
38. Get my vision checked once a year.
39. Have a physical performed once a year.
40. Take a mental health day from work.
41. Buy one of the Biggest Loser DVDs and complete the workout 3 times a week for a month. (0/11 days)
42. Be able to label a map of Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
43. Give up drinking soda for one month. (0/31 days)
44. Ride my bike to work at least once.
45. Get a library card.
46. Try sushi.
47. Buy eco-friendly gifts for Christmas 2009 or donate to charities.
48. Volunteer at an animal shelter.
49. Start a scrapbook.
50. Find a church home where Jared and I can attend together.
51. Tithe once a week to that church home.
52. Join a small group.
53. Read the entire Bible. (0/66 books)
54. Renew my passport.
55. Visit at least 6 more states that I have never been to before. (0/6 states)
56. Take a hot air balloon ride.
57. Go camping in the NC mountains.
58. Fly a kite on the beach.
59. Go to the Biltmore Mansion.
60. Take the train to Washington DC, Philadelphia or NYC.
61. Go apple picking in the fall.
62. Visit Kitty Hawk.
63. Plant a garden and grow vegetables and herbs for a summer.
64. Save at least $400 a month for a down payment on a house.
65. Go to the farmer’s market once a week for a month to buy produce. (0/4 weeks)
66. Go for a whole month without letting the dishes pile up in the sink. (0/31 days)
67. Make homemade pasta.
68. Use my sewing machine for at least one project every other month. (0/16)
69. Buy a hybrid vehicle.
70. Eat two new vegetables I have never had before. (0/2)
71. Eat meat-free meals for a week. (0/21 meals)
72. Pay off credit card.
73. Cook a crock-pot meal.
74. Replace all of the light bulbs in our house with energy-saving bulbs.
75. Bake something at least once a month. (0/33)
76. Go pumpkin picking and carve Jack-o-Lanterns at Halloween.
77. Organize our filing system so that we can actually keep track of things!
78. Replace all of the batteries in our house with rechargeable ones.
79. Find a house to rent.
80. Pay off my student loan.
81. Watch at least 5 classic movies I have never seen. (0/5)
82. Attend at least 10 Durham Bulls games. (0/10)
83. Attend at least 2 Carolina Hurricanes games. (0/2)
84. Go to a UNC basketball game.
85. Go to the North Carolina State Fair.
86. Go to an OU football game with Jared.
87. Host a murder-mystery dinner party.
88. Host an Iron Chef-inspired party.
89. Go to a wine tasting at a local vineyard.
90. Eat at Babaghanouj.
91. Go to an outdoor concert.
92. Write one blog post per day for a month. (0/31 days)
93. Give a presentation at a professional conference.
94. Take a course, seminar, or workshop on grant writing.
95. Hang some art on the walls in my office.
96. Get a live plant for my office.
97. Write an essay for The Mentor.
98. Write an essay for About Campus.
99. Create some resources for undecided students for my office.
100. Update my resume.
101. Host a party when I complete the last task on my list!
As I complete some of these tasks, I will blog about them and update you all!