Thursday, August 19, 2010

Blog love and a confession


How did I not find this blog sooner? She is undertaking this project for a year and is already on day 263! I have a lot to catch up on!

But seriously, how creative and crafty is this woman?! I have no idea how she looks at a pretty gosh-darn ugly dress and envisions it being something that looks great on her. (And, of course, there is the fact that she has the sewing skills to pull off her ideas.)




I will admit it: 
I have no patience for thrift stores.

There it is. Out in the open. 

I want to like thrift stores, I really do. I go into them every once in a while in search of a particular item (which is likely my problem), but I get frustrated when I can't find what I am looking for. I have donated stuff to various thrift stores and Goodwill-type organizations for as long as I can remember. And that fact alone should also let me know that there are other people like me who are donating items. Items that are clean, barely used, etc. But for some reason, I have this idea in my head that a lot of the clothes are dirty/stained/not worthy of entering my wardrobe.

I need to get over it, I think. I can hopefully gain some inspiration and confidence from the New Dress a Day project and go into a thrift store with an open mind. Perhaps one of these days I can maybe even share my own ugly-dress-to-awesome-dress transformation.

But I need to gain some patience with thrift stores first.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I too have some thrift store issues. I know several people who always go and find the cutest thing but when I go I feel like I find nothing. Maybe I just need to go more often. ;)

polli said...

yes patience is a virtue! lovely read
x

Related Posts with Thumbnails