Monday, March 28, 2011

My 27th year

Yesterday was my 27th birthday. I turned 27 on the 27th, so I expect that there are going to be some great things in store for me this year!


26 was a pretty good year, and it brought along some new experiences, such as:
  • I tried real sushi... and I LOVE it! In fact, I would eat it once a week if I could!
  • We didn't move! It was the first year since I was 18 that I didn't have to pack up my stuff and change living locations.
  • I presented at my first national professional conference. I should find out in the next few weeks if I will have the opportunity to do that again this year.
  • I joined a gym. We have had a couple of spurts of consistent attendance, but I hope to get back in the pattern (and maintain that pattern) this year.
  • I attended a ceremony to spread the ashes of my grandfather. I am still blessed to have both of my grandmothers still living.
  • I won an award from my office for being an excellent advisor. I was nominated by students and chosen by some of my coworkers and other campus faculty and staff. Because of that nomination, I was nominated for a national advising award this year, and I should find out in the next month whether I won that or not.
  • I helped host my first bridal shower and bachelorette party. Both were really fun and really fit the personality of each of the brides.
A couple of the new experiences that I know age 27 will bring are:
  • Getting my first professional massage! It's scheduled for Saturday and I can't wait!
  • Standing as part of the bridal party for 3 of my best friends. Before this year, I've only ever been in my own wedding!
  • Moving into a new place...although we're not sure yet where that is going to be...
Some of the new experiences I hope age 27 will bring are:
  • Presenting at least one session at the national conference in October
  • Traveling to Colorado for the first time (it's where the national conference is hosted this year)
  • Running a 5k (if I can get over the terrible shin splints I get when running)
We'll see where life leads me this year!

"And many more!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails