Friday, December 2, 2011

Let go & live

"What is the stupidest thing you did this year? What about in your whole life? You can take stupid to mean: embarrassing, dangerous, funny, lame, whatever you consider "stupid." - #reverbbroads11
 Admission: I am kind of a control freak.
  I kind of can't help it. It's a core part of my personality. My Myers-Briggs personality type is ISFJ: on the first three areas, I am fairly close to center on the assessment. But my "J" tendencies are strong. It suits my profession, though, because I have to remember a lot of details and be organized.
 But where being a control freak fails me is in letting loose, being spontaneous & having fun.
I have to be in so much control that I don't even trust myself to have a few drinks with friends, even if I have no where to go or if someone else is going to be the designated driver.

I get really frustrated when my husband doesn't pull over and park the car when we're lost so that we can figure out exactly where we need to go without just driving around aimlessly.

I have a really hard time coming up with something spur-of-the-moment to do for fun.


I spent almost 2 years living in a place and trying to get somewhere else because I didn't like the work it was taking to form a community.

So the stupid thing that I did this year?


I didn't really let myself LIVE.

Be spontaneous.


Let loose.

Build stronger relationships.

 I was too busy trying to be in control of my life.





1 comment:

Becca Obergefell said...

Great post Sarah! I know I'm guilty of being too tightly wound too. Looks like you might have some direction on picking a #oneword for 2012 :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails