Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Funny guy

I can pick my dad's laugh out of an audience. He laughs so loudly. And it happens all the time. Comic strip in the Sunday paper? Laughing out loud. Funny passage in the latest book he's reading? Laughing out loud. Heaven help us while watching sitcoms like Big Bang Theory. One funny line and you miss the next 30 seconds to a minute of dialogue.

Partially because of the loudness of my dad and partially because I'm just a quieter person, I rarely laugh out loud at media. Sure, I'll crack a smile at a funny book, TV show, or movie, but I don't come anywhere close to the decibel of my father.

Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good laugh, but there aren't many things that I find so hilarious to warrant an outburst. I tend to find witty or intelligent humor the most funny, but babies and animals can be pretty hilarious as well.

But this guy.

Even when I am in the worst mood ever (which he would argue happens just about every day), he knows just what to say or do to make me crack a smile, stifle back laughter, guffaw loudly, laugh until I can't breathe with tears rolling down my cheeks and the best kind of stomach ache. It's probably a good thing that we found each other: he balances my serious side so well.

In case you don't have your own hilarious partner, here are a couple other videos that I can't help but laugh at:


My other go-to for a good chuckle is The Big Bang Theory. Seriously, if you haven't watched an episode before, you are totally missing out. It is nerd humor at it's best.

This month, I'm participating in #reverbbroads11 with a lot of awesome people. Today's prompt: Who or what makes you laugh so hard that milk shoots out of your nose and why? Slapstick, dry witty comedy, your kids, Monty Python?



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails