Sunday, December 4, 2011

"Life's a Happy Song"

I have really mixed feelings about this time of year. On the one hand, I love the family gatherings, the church rituals and songs, the food, the overall good feeling of knowing that a new year is ahead. On the other hand, though, I get so annoyed with the commercialization of the holidays, the buy-buy-buy mentality that tells us that what we have isn't good enough.

If you haven't seen the new movie "The Muppets," stop reading and immediately go to the theater. It is a feel good movie that helps remind you that your friends, family, loved ones are what really make this life special.
I would love to have the Muppets star in a movie about my life, especially if someone as talented, fashionable, and cute as Amy Adams were playing me! The drama level would be just about perfect (not too much, but just enough to keep the action going), the comedy would be corny, and the music would be catchy.

I am completely blessed in my life to have wonderful family and friends, a good job, a roof over my head, food to eat, and good health. I want for next to nothing. My life is a happy song.


Now, can I borrow Amy Adams' cute costumes and hair/make-up stylists for a bit?

As part of a month-long blog challenge, I am responding to prompts from #reverbbroads11. Day 4: In the movie version of your life, which actor/actress would play you and the significant players in your life? What kind of movie is it (e.g., made-for-TV, action, emo/indie, etc.)? What would be the major plot points, and how will it end?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails