Monday, December 5, 2011

Wedding bells

I married my best friend four and a half years ago and was blessed to have four amazing women stand with me on that day.
In the past four years, I have definitely attended my fair share of weddings, but I had only ever been in my own. I was hoping that, at some point, I'd be able to participate in someone's wedding and help make their day as memorable as mine was. As more and more of my friends started pairing off, I wondered whether I would have the opportunity to be a bridesmaid. Well, this past summer, I was in three bridal parties... in the course of 5 weeks!

I can't say that 3 weddings in 5 weeks (in two different states, three different cities) was necessarily something that I had always dreamed of doing, but I couldn't have been happier to support these three amazing women on their wedding day.

And, I'm proud to say that none of them were bride-zilla. :)

As part of a month-long blog challenge, I am responding to prompts from #reverbbroads11. Day 5, courtesy of Amy at http://2bperfectlyfrank.blogspot.com/: What is the one thing you finally did this year that you always wanted or said you were going to do, but in your heart of hearts never thought you would actually do?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails