Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Peppermint patty therapy

Day 12 #reverbbroads11 prompt via Neha at http://whereyouarehere.blogspot.com/:

Name and explain the one guilty pleasure you can't live without. ie: that cupcake shop you visit weekly, a book you repeatedly read to find solace in, etc). Then explore the idea of how you would feel if you gave that thing up for a year. 
 
  These small dark chocolate, creamy round mints are my weakness. I almost always have a bag of them in my desk drawer at work. Tear open its little silver cellophane wrapper, admire its smooth, round, chocolate cover. And that first bite? That little "tthss" sound that they make when the white minty goodness separates from itself? Bliss.
Just one little patty in its silver package can change an afternoon. In my previous position, my coworkers knew that I almost always had peppermint patties in my desk. Stressful appointment? Swing by Sarah's office for a peppermint patty and momentary vent session. Survived a painstaking meeting? Peppermint patty and processing. Excited about a new opportunity? Celebratory peppermint patty.
They're so satisfying, even in its the miniature size, that I don't know if I could give them up for a year. Besides, it says right on the package that they are a low fat food. A serving size is 3 patties, but usually I am good with just one. I'm willing to sacrifice 50 calories per patty to build relationships with my coworkers or make it through a stressful afternoon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails